Proper Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

E27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fayetteville, AR
Hi! My name is Zac and I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I didn't quite get a chance to make an introduction thread since I had that turtle that I wasn't sure what to do with, but I decided to make one now.

I don't have any tortoises, but I do want one eventually. I've wanted one ever since I was little and got to take care of a couple of sulcata tortoises while their owner was out of town sometimes. They were so much fun. Big tortoises too. Anyway, one day, I would like a tortoise of my own. Preferably a Redfoot since they are smaller.

I don't know how much I'll post on here for now since I don't have a tortoise, but I really want to learn a lot before I eventually get one of my own. Thanks!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi Zac and welcome :)

Tortoise Forum is a great place to learn about tortoises in anticipation of owning one :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! And as stated this is a great place to get all the proper information you will need in preparation for your first tortoise. I would recommend a redfoot over sulcata for first time tort. Don't get me wrong I love mine and they are an amazing species but it is the largeness to take into consideration. They grow very fast too. Well welcome and ask any questions you have.

E27

5 Year Member
Fayetteville, AR
JoesMum said:
Hi Zac and welcome :)

Tortoise Forum is a great place to learn about tortoises in anticipation of owning one :)
Thanks! I'm hoping to learn a lot here.

tortadise said:
Welcome! And as stated this is a great place to get all the proper information you will need in preparation for your first tortoise. I would recommend a redfoot over sulcata for first time tort. Don't get me wrong I love mine and they are an amazing species but it is the largeness to take into consideration. They grow very fast too. Well welcome and ask any questions you have.
Yeah. That's the exact reason to why I want a Redfoot. They're smaller and need smaller enclosures, which is a benefit to me. Nothing against sulcatas, I think they're awesome, but the size is a bit of a detriment. I'll definitely be checking the classifieds often here for a redfoot. haha. I would just get one from a pet store but $150 is just too much for me. Thanks! I'll definitely ask questions if I have any.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Zac:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME :D. This is the only place you need to look to learn all the correct info on raising a smooth, healthy happy tort.

E27

5 Year Member
Fayetteville, AR
Thank you all so much for a warm welcome! :D. Like I said, I'll be looking hardcore in the classified section to try and find the right one for me.

E27

5 Year Member
Fayetteville, AR
Thanks! I've already been lurking the enclosures section to try and get my ideas just right for whenever I get a tortoise of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.