protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

missgemma

5 Year Member
i know im posting a lot on here lately as im new and want the best advice i can get for trevey.
now ive just been reading the post about protection.
other than microchiped what can i put on him in a way of marking, are there any pens in can use like a marker pen?
i was thinking to put my postcode, can i do this as i didnt even think of it until i saw the other post?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
missgemma said:
i know im posting a lot on here lately as im new and want the best advice i can get for trevey.
now ive just been reading the post about protection.
other than microchiped what can i put on him in a way of marking, are there any pens in can use like a marker pen?
i was thinking to put my postcode, can i do this as i didnt even think of it until i saw the other post?

If you made your outside enclosure very safe, my opinion is you do not need to write something on him, he is not an object. Just be sure that he can't get out, you can put a cadena in case somebody would want to steal him.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Missgemme, I have tried a sharpie pen and it lasted only a couple of months on a DT. I marked him with just a small number on it's shell right above the back leg. But like Isa stated makeing sure it's pen is secure is the only way to go. With a russian I would dig down about 12 to 16 inches and place wirecloth down so he can not dig out of his pen as well as a top on it so he can not climb out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.