Proteins to feed 3mo old RF

MHabrat

Location (City and/or State)
Summerville, SC
printer4u said:
MHabrat said:
So Jim Loves Hard Boiled eggs. We will try the shrimp next month. :) Thank you to everyone for all their wonderful suggestions! I am not exactly sure who to post images as I don't host them online somewhere, but I am attaching one, so hopefully it will come through!

Great photo. Feed him or her less food, in the picture there was enough egg for at least two weeks.Less is key for a proper diet.

Yes, I realized it was far too much. I will cut it down to 1/8 of that next time. Attaching a second image from today. I have some of just Jim I need to post, but hate to just create a thread to showcase my handsome little dude!

Attachments

• Jim-2.1.jpg
    Jim-2.1.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 32

MHabrat

Summerville, SC
We were told when we bought him (Mid Dec) that "he" is 3 months old. He supposedly will be 4 mo the middle of this month. I would love to know if there is a general size/weight to age correlation chart that might verify this.

MHabrat

Summerville, SC
Do to take this thread in a slightly different direction Mazuri feed - what is the consensus? I have read such conflicting reports. Some say a tortoise feed is not nearly as good for them (or at all) as natural foods.

What have you all discovered?

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
I FINALLY found Mazuri at a local pet store and my torts ignored it initially. I SOAKED it in apple juice and they ate it like they were starving.. I'm thinking I could mix in some other items they are reluctant to eat and use it as a suppliment, not a staple

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
The donoghue formula can be used to estimate a healthy weight based on the straight carapace length (SCL) of the tortoise. You can take it a step further by calculating a body mass index. Go to Tortoiselibrary.com and all the information on this can be found.

I'm unaware of an estimation for proper size/weight with age.