Proud new owner of a baby sulcata!

Lisa Bradford

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Hello Everyone,
I'm so happy I found this forum! My husband and I are new parents to a 14 week old sulcata. We live in North East Georgia. I have been an animal lover my whole life but have never owned any type of reptile. I have learned so much and look forward to learning more!
Lisa Bradford

Lisa Bradford

Georgia
Hello and Welcome. Be sure to get your info off this forum. So much out there is old bad info.[/QUOTE
Yes I sure will!
I am looking thru all the posts now...looking to see how much to feed my little guy! He is 14 weeks old and eats everything I put down for him, not sure if I am giving him enough. I have seen where some only feed 1 time a day, every other day, etc.

Lisa Bradford

Georgia

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you, I have read thru lots of wonderful posts but I am still unsure of how much and how many times to feed my baby. He weighs 45 grams as if this morning.

A mound if food roughly the size of the shell fed first thing is a good start. If it all gets eaten then add more. If not then leave it until the same time next day

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you, I have read thru lots of wonderful posts but I am still unsure of how much and how many times to feed my baby. He weighs 45 grams as if this morning.
Your baby should be fed every day. The pile should be big enough that your tortoise can graze all day on the right foods and not run out. If your baby eats it all, offer a little more the next day. If there is some left over, feed a little less the next day. Over time you'll get a pretty good feel for what your baby will eat in a day, and it will gradually increase with the size of your tortoise.

Lisa Bradford

Georgia
Your baby should be fed every day. The pile should be big enough that your tortoise can graze all day on the right foods and not run out. If your baby eats it all, offer a little more the next day. If there is some left over, feed a little less the next day. Over time you'll get a pretty good feel for what your baby will eat in a day, and it will gradually increase with the size of your tortoise.
O Thank you!! There is so much to learn!