Puffy eyelids more lethargic

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Over the last week I've noticed my leopard hatchling has puffy eyelids and in the last few days has become weaker since she won't eat for me I was able to get her to open her mouth before by rubbing a Q-tip on it and I could feed her with a Q-tip stick and some Critical Care food with the consistency of pudding last week she would eat just twice a day with no problems but lately in the last three or four days she is not eating and it's starting to worry me this morning I tried to soak her and she hung her head down in it so I lifted her out I didn't want her to drown she just hangs her head like she's weak I was thinking of getting some sterile water injections back into her since her back legs look so wrinkly she was just up and walking yesterday when she decides she wants to get up and go but today she seems very weak any suggestions?

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
What are your temps, humidity and what type of substrate do you use?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What was the source of this baby and how much does she weigh?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pet store....49g which she was 44g back in January.... she's pretty much maintained right around 49g for the last couple weeks
Oh boy. That is bad news.

Read this. It won't fix things, but at least you'll know what is going on:

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az

So minimum or should I say pretty much all I can do is Soak her twice a day in the Pedialyte carrot soak?.... she was much more active when I went home at lunch today she was standing on all fours with her head held up compared to this morning when her head was hanging down and wouldn't even lifted up like she was completely wiped out... seems to me she does go up and down as far as how she appears with her health and I actually managed to get a little food in her mouth at lunch because she was opening her mouth a little bit here and there so I got some food ready and was able to get some of the critical care food which is like a pudding texture in her mouth which is the first time in three days or so cuz she hasn't been opening her mouth at all refusing to eat and lately the last day it's been sunny and hot so I told my wife to take her out in the sun during the day more Let her go roam in the grass and weeds in my garden I'm hoping the hot sun will Energizer make her active like it seems to most of the time

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az

Sadly she passed today I had so much High Hopes as what I seen her at lunch she was standing up on all fours with her head sticking out and when I came home all of her limbs were inside her shell with her head sticking out and her eyes wide open which she never does I knew something was up when I first saw her it was confirmed when I held her I definitely am glad you sent me that post about the hatchling failure so next time I know what to make sure to check for thanks for all your help Tom really appreciate any advice you'd given me by the way the pet store we got her from didn't have any water in the turtle bin they had them in which was actually a glass aquarium and said they soak them weekly which I find hard to believe so she was even cared for badly before we got her....??