Puffy head/eyes

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
I'm sorry Rosie is still having this trouble. We'll do what we can to figure out the cause.
On the pictures, I really can't see the puffiness in her eyes all that well. But I do see that her head looks a bit swollen.
I saw that ZEROPILOT suggested you turn off the UVB light. You do have a fluorescent tube type UVB, don't you? If you do, what kind is it? Manufacturer...ZooMed, or Arcadia? Regardless, I agree with turning it off for a few days. Rosie will not miss it, and it will do her no harm. If the light is to blame, her eyes should look much better in 3 days.

Other than her UVB, what other bulbs are you using?

Piece by piece, we'll get to the bottom of this.
Br indoor 65w flood for basking which I dont let get over 92° - 93°...and a led flame bulb...and the t5 which today is day 2 so we'll see how it goes..

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I'm sorry Rosie is still having this trouble. We'll do what we can to figure out the cause.
On the pictures, I really can't see the puffiness in her eyes all that well. But I do see that her head looks a bit swollen.
I saw that ZEROPILOT suggested you turn off the UVB light. You do have a fluorescent tube type UVB, don't you? If you do, what kind is it? Manufacturer...ZooMed, or Arcadia? Regardless, I agree with turning it off for a few days. Rosie will not miss it, and it will do her no harm. If the light is to blame, her eyes should look much better in 3 days.

here's a screenshot of some food I got from the website you suggested would you suggest mixing it in with her grass and lettuce or just feed her a little of this and a little of that switching it up every few days?

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az

Heres the food

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-102545_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200811-102545_Samsung Internet.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I'd sprinkle a little on top of her regular daily meal. I'd use 1 one day, then some 2 the second day, and so on. That way you'll see if there's one she doesn't like, so you can avoid getting it next time you order.
I wonder if her not having a hide is affecting her I took away her ave made from grape vine trunk cause she was flipping over during the day...I have a ceramic one coming though..still swelling....so I'm assuming if I change her substrate from paper towels to cypress mulch and give her a clay water dish that wouldn't contribut6 to her swelling. ...might have to vo to the vet....shes still swelling

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Do you have a herp vet you can call on? I am sorry to say this, but my Joe’s final day was when swelling (admittedly worse than this) occurred. He had a tumour.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I'd sprinkle a little on top of her regular daily meal. I'd use 1 one day, then some 2 the second day, and so on. That way you'll see if there's one she doesn't like, so you can avoid getting it next time you order.
maybe it's her basking light I can't imagine it's her diet as I'm very careful with her food choices... the only thing I can think of that would help eliminate any burning wood or plastic smells in her enclosure which I do get sometimes cuz she has a wooden lid cover so I was thinking when I make her next and closure which is going to be twice the size of this one I would use quarter inch thick plexiglass for a lid and attach the fixtures below the lid to the bottom of it instead of through the plastic thus avoiding any smells and give her substrate and hides with the clay dishes and I'm thinking it should stop what's going on I know it's going to take a little while cuz things are slow with turtles I just wonder if I should try that before I take her in since I really don't trust doctors much however Tom said Doctor Funk is a very experienced Turtle vet from what he can tell

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Do you have a herp vet you can call on? I am sorry to say this, but my Joe’s final day was when swelling (admittedly worse than this) occurred. He had a tumour.
No she's swelling all over at first I just thought she was a little overweight cuz I feed her really good she's only 6 months old I've had her since she was 3 months old and she's been doing great she eats every day she poops every day she walks around a lot every day and tucks herself in her shell at bedtime around 6 every night

zovick

10 Year Member!
maybe it's her basking light I can't imagine it's her diet as I'm very careful with her food choices... the only thing I can think of that would help eliminate any burning wood or plastic smells in her enclosure which I do get sometimes cuz she has a wooden lid cover so I was thinking when I make her next and closure which is going to be twice the size of this one I would use quarter inch thick plexiglass for a lid and attach the fixtures below the lid to the bottom of it instead of through the plastic thus avoiding any smells and give her substrate and hides with the clay dishes and I'm thinking it should stop what's going on I know it's going to take a little while cuz things are slow with turtles I just wonder if I should try that before I take her in since I really don't trust doctors much however Tom said Doctor Funk is a very experienced Turtle vet from what he can tell
Dr. Funk is very good with reptiles. If I were you, I would quit doing all these "experiments" with numerous variables in the hopes that one of them may be the miracle panacea and take the tortoise to the vet before it expired.

Just making a friendly observation which you can take or leave.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Dr. Funk is very good with reptiles. If I were you, I would quit doing all these "experiments" with numerous variables in the hopes that one of them may be the miracle panacea and take the tortoise to the vet before it expired.

I agree. Vet visit required asap

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az

I just called and left a message with them they don't answer their phone they just take your number and call you back within a day and also ate the doctor at detailed email of what's going on and what all her variables are so hopefully I get a call back today that would be nice

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I just called and left a message with them they don't answer their phone they just take your number and call you back within a day and also ate the doctor at detailed email of what's going on and what all her variables are so hopefully I get a call back today that would be nice
Wrote* the dr.a detaied email

zovick

10 Year Member!
Great! I hope that he (Dr. Funk) is able to help you and your tortoise. Please keep this thread updated with the findings/treatment, etc.

Good luck.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
well I'm still waiting for them to call me hopefully tomorrow I'll hear from them also I was looking at other torts on here comparing how she looks and they look pretty much the same with some roundness on their head and jaw and eyelids a little puffy as well I took a screenshot of somebody's tort that was on here earlier and compared mine to it and it doesn't look much different here's a picture I took of her today and the second picture is somebody else's tort on here which I screenshotted20200813_122059.jpgScreenshot_20200813-134114_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I got Rosie an appointment set up for the 20th of this month a week from today with Dr scagnelli I guess dr. Funk is retired but helps out so I had them forward him my email with everything I could think of to describe my situation in a couple pictures as well so hopefully I get an answer from him and at least she's got an appointment set up I feel better.... she's looking about the same shes her usual active self... she can't be feeling too bad considering she was all sprawled out on her tile soaking up some heat.... she's such a cutie