Purchasing a Hermann - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I am thinking of getting 1 or 2 hermanns. Does anyone know a reputable person? Could you please tell me what to look for when purchasing? I would have to do this on-line so I won't have a face to face with this person. Thanks!

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
If I were you I would adopt.But if you are going to buy a tort you should see that it is active that there are no bubbles at the nose and no gunk at the eyes.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
You'll be hard pressed to find them as adoptees. Hermanns don't come up very often if at all for adoptions, here in the States.
Check kingsnake.com in the classifieds.
There are a couple of ads on there now.
As far as reputation thats a hard one...you can always ask us here or ask the person for references. Good luck :)

I do have a 2 year old male for sale for $150.00 shipping is extra PM me if interested

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
Hi if you live in the united kingdom (england) you can go to www.forums.shelledwarriors.co.uk , these have breeders on there that will sell hatchlings to you.

For a good healthy tortoise,
check that the diet is natural - weeds, flowers, plants and small amounts of grocery greens.
No lumps on the shell
Active
Good colored shell
No over grown nails, no over grown beak.
And eyes are clear and alert.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am in the US, but thanks for the info!

Flying Jenny

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Not sure if you found your tort yet, but thought I would offer this info anyway. We just bought a Hermann's hatchling from a place here in Florida called Abbott's Turtle Farm (www.abbottsturtlefarm.com). They had one more Hermann's baby left when we got ours and they have been breeding torts and turtles for 18 years. They ship all over the country, but they are located close by so we actually set up an appointment and went there to get ours and they seemed to be reputable, so you might check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.