Puzzled, was predator trying to get my tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeh

5 Year Member
I found my 4month old Leo flipped over at the edge of his outdoor pen at 9:30 am with him being tightly tucked inside his shell. After correcting him, he would not come out or even budge letting his limbs lose one bit for an hour, a behavior I haven't seen with him before. I have seen him flip over many times in his inside enclosure, he always corrects himself right away and goes about his business.

Given the pen is only 8" deep, could it be something was trying to get him thru the secured wire mesh after he came out of his hide in the morning causing him to go into this defense mode?

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Its possible. Can we see a pic of the enclosure and area? Sometimes if they've been stuck upside down for a while they will stay tucked in for a while too.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Puzzled, was predator trying to get my tortoise?

Tom said:
Its possible. Can we see a pic of the enclosure and area? Sometimes if they've been stuck upside down for a while they will stay tucked in for a while too.

1377789346807.jpg1377789362467.jpg

There is a stray cat that patrols the area never seen a raccoon here. The grass is cut short, I haven't seen him flip in there on his own yet, but its possible.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.