Pvc custom enclosure

hydro708

Location (City and/or State)
ANAHEIM
Hello everyone so I am building my closed chamber enclosure this weekend and just wanted to ask last second suggestions. I am going 6x3x2 for my cherryheads. So would a 120watt heat panel be best? Also who has any? How do you control the lights on timers so they so they dim naturally and then increase like it does naturally in nature? What lights should I use for the enclosure? They dont need basking lights like leopards right? Are those new led any good? Thanks everyone hope you have agreat day.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone so I am building my closed chamber enclosure this weekend and just wanted to ask last second suggestions. I am going 6x3x2 for my cherryheads. So would a 120watt heat panel be best? Also who has any? How do you control the lights on timers so they so they dim naturally and then increase like it does naturally in nature? What lights should I use for the enclosure? They dont need basking lights like leopards right? Are those new led any good? Thanks everyone hope you have agreat day.
Unless your cherry heads are still babies, 6x3 will be too small. Better to just go 4x8 and not have to build it again.

A 120 might do it, but it depends on how much ventilation and how cold the room gets. Only your thermometer can tell you for sure. I'd rather go with 2 80 watt panel and spread the heat out a bit more. Check with @Kapidolo Farms

I set timers to turn on different lights at different times to get the sunrise/sunset effect. There are probably timers that do this if you check for places that cater to reef tank keepers.

You need everything except the basking lamp, so ambient light on a timer, ambient heat on a thermostat, and a HO UV tube on a timer for a few hours mid day.

hydro708

ANAHEIM
Hey TOMThey are3 5 months old and will be getting 3 more soon. so just at least 2 years and will go outside into into a 8 ft long by 8ft long by 3 ft wide L shaped bin outside that's also greenhouse enclosure. Sweet thsnks Tom anyone try those Suisun 3w uva uvb LED. Seen them at the reptile show seems real cool

yaycolin

Huntington Beach, CA
@hydro708 I know you are aware, but just a reminder, I have a 8x3x4.5 Smart Enclosure available for sale still. Already built and ready for use right away. Won't have to worry about finding all these materials, lights, heat panels, etc.. In my opinion, the price is very much worth saving yourself the headache as @Markw84 has already done it all for you. You might even end up saving money instead of purchasing everything brand new.

hydro708

ANAHEIM
So I am getting so much closer to my completed enclosure. has anyone used this power strip?

Attachments

• 20230119_082752.jpg
    20230119_082752.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 11