PVC indoor enclosure for Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnomecatcher

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Luis Obispo, CA
Has anyone made an indoor pen out of PVC? I'm interested in getting a Russian tortoise, but I don't know where to start. I've looked around at plastic tubs, and they all seem kind of small. I thought I could build something much bigger.

I was thinking I could make a frame out of PVC and then ziptie plastic sheeting to make the walls and floor.

Also, what size should I make it? I was thinking I could make 6' x 30". Is this big enough for a Russian tort? (let's say I got one about 6-8")

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your idea sounds good. I would build it as big as you can. Have you looked in the enclosure section to see if there is anything in there? Here is the place to look http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forum-7.html
Good luck, and post pics when your done.

BTW, Hello and Welcome.:) You should go to the Introduction section and introduce yourself to us and tell us a little about you:)

Gnomecatcher

5 Year Member
San Luis Obispo, CA
I'm still wading through the forum, looking for people who have done something similar. :) I will most certainly posts pictures when I build it.

Thanks! I'll head on over there!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You're on the right track. Russian tortoises need a lot of space, so biggest is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.