Pyramiding in Stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildak

5 Year Member
Thanks Neal I could'nt find it.

I think that shows pyramiding.

The adults I got a few years ago look a bit more so. But if you have it in the genes and don't care for them properly they could get really bad I would think.

I would be curious of any difference between the Islands North and South coastal tortoises and the inland Island ones. Though it would take 4-5 years to compile enough stats to show anything if they have'nt been moved all over by people which is likely.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Kristina said:
I don't typically soak my Star. Once reason is that she is VERY shy, and just sucks in and sits there and won't drink or void anyway. She uses her water dish regularly so I do not worry.

I do spray her a couple times a day, and she has a pretty humid enclosure.

KristinasPictures413686.jpg

I don't have any super recent pics, I will remedy that.

KristinasPictures018.jpg

I'll try to find one of Neal's threads that show pics of his.

Check out Kevin's (kbaker) babies.

110423_Stars.jpg

Tyler's

StarJuvGroup.JPG

Neal's

060.jpg

THEY ARE soooooo CUTE!!!

I wish they were mine!! seriously. they are super adorable!

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok
Good Info!

I have actually looked at my star and it seems that the new growth is pretty smooth. I'll try to update pictures sometime. I hope this trend will continue. But comparing my star to other member's stars I can say that, even though there is some pyramiding, it's minimal compared to others. I blame it on the climate of Thailand (tropical weather).

Though as a first time owner it's hard for me to tell what is pyramiding and whether the new growth is smooth or not.

Mina :)

Status
Not open for further replies.