Question about drinking water and hydration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto
I am reading some conflicting info regarding this matter. Some is saying that if you give your tort a good soaking everyday plus it's receiving moisture from consumed food, this is enough. Other info says you should provide a water dish. Any thoughts?

My hatchling is getting a 30 min. soaking everyday in tepid water plus I am feeding him fresh greens. If I do go to a water dish how deep should it be (water and dish depth)?

Also, should I be misting a designated area (humid hide) daily?

thanks for any help!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hello ~

You know, the answers you seek are dependant on what kind of tort you have... perhaps a bit more info is good.

As far as water dishes go, it should be shallow enuf for him to climb in and out of easily; and the water depth should not be such that your lil' tort could drown.

I keep a water dish in the ourdoor enclosure that my leopard stays in during the day, in addition to his baths.

Hope this helps ya,
Purpod

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
It's a Hermann's - Sorry, thought it was obvious, since i posted in the Hermann section!

ok, shallow clay dish sounds good... but is a good soaking enough?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi,
Yes a good soaking is enough as I don't have water containers with my hatchlings. If your going to be soaking everyday, than I'd cut it down to no more than 15 minutes.

Danny

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
15? geez, i just gave him a 35 min bath!

ok, 15 it is.. thanks

pebbles mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sussex, WI
I don't think my baby would even stay in there 15 min. It drinks and then wants out. I do clean his feet up a little as it's always walking thru the food/powder. But 80% of the time it does go WEE in there!! lol

Anyway, siwash, thanks for asking ... this helps me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.