Question about Infrared bulbs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

HonuFonu23

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, AZ
Currently I'm using the Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared for my sulcata tort.. and after reading some threads of what heating bulbs to use and what not to use.. I was wondering if the Infrared heating bulbs bother or mess with their eyes/vision?

I'm seriously considering of changing the bulb if it does indeed bother their eyes..

What would be a great buy for what he really needs as far as heat is concern? Any and all suggestions are welcomed :) Thanks!

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I use all different kinds of bulbs and I've never had it bother their eyes. That's my take on it.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I use CHE's simply because the red bulbs were very unreliable, and burned out too quickly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think the infrared bulbs are fine for night time, but I don't like any sort of "colored" bulbs for day time. I want day time to LOOK like day time to them. My personal preference is to never use any of the colored bulbs. I like it to be dark at night for them and for me. I use regular incandescents or MVBs for daytime and CHEs for night time.

HonuFonu23

5 Year Member
Glendale, AZ
Great information.. thanks guys. I just got really worried for a moment... he wasn't moving as much last night and I immediately blamed the bulb lol. But I think he was just tired from being in the yard for an hour. But Tom, I do like that idea. I'd rather have his area look like DAY time when it is in fact day time.

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.