Question about my red foot and his temperature

brenden

5 Year Member
It seems unusual that he will spend 80% of his time in the cooler dry part of his tank. One side is 28Celcius and around 75-80% humidity, the other side is about 20celcius and probably 30-40% humidity. Every morning since i have had him (1week) i will find him in the cold dry corner of his tank. Could it be that since he lived in the pet store for a year that he is used to that? maybe the pet store was cold and dry and he prefers that now? He is still active for the most part and doesnt seem to be anything wrong just thought i would ask if this is normal.

I know his tank is a little small for him but i am working on getting a turtle box made in the near future :)?
also i have set up a towel recently around the tank so he cant see out

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 22

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
If the cooler/dryer part is near the hide, it is not unusual at all. It is camping in the darker area of the enclosure (which is too small as you noted). I'll also wager its first activity in the morning is to sit under the light to warm itself.

brenden

5 Year Member
Yea its funny because instead of being under his hut, he wedges between the hut and the glass. But yes you are correct in the morning when he wakes up he sits in his water dish which is in the hot spot. I just don't want him to be to cold and get sick from the humidity.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
That is also very typical... They like to be in snugly fitting sleeping spots. Mine wedge themselves between the roots of trees where they meet the trunk for their night time hunkering down.