Question: Best calcium supplement for Indian Star Tortoise

Thundersnow

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
I can't thank the folks in this group enough for ALL THE GREAT advice,guidance and especially taking time out of your days to answer questions by newbies like me who want the very best for our tortoises (especially hatchlings).
What is the best calcium powder ot other calcium product I can buy to ad to my Indian Star torts. diet? I have a Zoo Med Banquet Block but he doesn't touch it. I thought about scraping it and taking the powder from that and sprinkling it on his food.
Thanks again for everyones help.I am very grateful and so is my baby whom I am totally smitten with

Attachments

• F7D331B2-E5BE-47BC-B63C-EC8597F71744.jpeg
    F7D331B2-E5BE-47BC-B63C-EC8597F71744.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer RepCal. Since my babies are mostly indoors, I use the one with D3 added. Been using this product for 30 years now.
large.jpeg

I've used the ZooMed Calcium supplement in the past too and that one also works.

You can also leave cuttlebone pieces in the enclosure and the tortoise can self-supplement as needed.

Thundersnow

Kentucky
I prefer RepCal. Since my babies are mostly indoors, I use the one with D3 added. Been using this product for 30 years now.
View attachment 327875

I've used the ZooMed Calcium supplement in the past too and that one also works.

You can also leave cuttlebone pieces in the enclosure and the tortoise can self-supplement as needed.
Tom your a doll.Thanks so much:):):)

Thundersnow

Kentucky