Question for you people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Right, here in Cyprus, the weather is starting to pick up now, we're having days in the mid 20's and it stays hot till around about 6/7ish depending on how hot it's actually been during the day, but get the old cloudy, windy and light rainey day now and then. During the night I'm not actually sure what it drops to but I don't think it's that low!! There going to be living in there summer pen over the summer but summer months don't actually start till May/June time, so question is, could they possible stay out now? (with me keeping an eye on the weather for the next month) would they be ok providing I put even more substrate/bark/digging material in for them so they stay snug as a bug at night!!!????

Thanks in advance dan :)

Just found temperatures for the 7months of summer.........

Climate

April
Day Temperature High: 22C
Night Temperature Low: 12C
Hours of Daily Sunshine: 9
Humidity: 67%
Days of Rain: 3

May
Day Temperature High: 26C
Night Temperature Low: 16C
Hours of Daily Sunshine: 10
Humidity: 68%

June
Day Temperature High: 30C
Night Temperature Low: 18C
Hours of Daily Sunshine: 12
Humidity: 64%
Days of Rain: 1

July
Day Temperature High: 32C
Night Temperature Low: 21C
Humidity: 60%

August
Day Temperature High: 33C
Night Temperature Low: 22C
Humidity: 61%

September
Day Temperature High: 31C
Night Temperature Low: 20C
Hours of Daily Sunshine: 11
Humidity: 59%
Days of Rain: 10

October
Day Temperature High: 27C
Night Temperature Low: 16C
Hours of Daily Sunshine: 9
Humidity: 64%

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
It's ok. I would say that's quite a variance. Daily temps are good but a bit cool at night. I don't have a huge amount of experience with Greeks long term. But the temps at night are a bit cool to leave them out. I know they're pretty susceptible to respiratory infections and a 30 degree spike from day to night is a bit much. Even slowly transitioning to that degree over night time hours. I would say put them out during the day like early morning and bring them in when the sun starts to set. Until the daytime temps go up another 10 degrees so that way they can park themselves at night and keep themselves heated all night with daytime warm temps.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
It's ok. I would say that's quite a variance. Daily temps are good but a bit cool at night. I don't have a huge amount of experience with Greeks long term. But the temps at night are a bit cool to leave them out. I know they're pretty susceptible to respiratory infections and a 30 degree spike from day to night is a bit much. Even slowly transitioning to that degree over night time hours. I would say put them out during the day like early morning and bring them in when the sun starts to set. Until the daytime temps go up another 10 degrees so that way they can park themselves at night and keep themselves heated all night with daytime warm temps.

So really your saying wait untill beginning of June? :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Basically. However their native to your regions correct? So if they're coming out of hibernation that might be a good sign to go with the natives. But I'm not certain if the Greeks you have are same sub species. I'd take them in at night just to be safe

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I'd get a cheap digital min/max thermometer and leave it your outdoor housing for a few nights to check.

You are getting very close to full time outside... I've just had a look at the Cypriot wesather forecasts :)

With Joe I look for temperatures consistently above 10C at night, and a reasonable degree of certainty that it will be sunny enough next for him to warm up quickly, before he goes out full time. You have more or less made it in the sunny Mediterranean. I'm pretty sure their wild cousins will be up and about on the island. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.