Question RE: Sulcata (beak movement & noise during soak)

hkasal09

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sutherlin, Oregon
I'm curious as to why my Sulcata is making small movements with his beak (mouth) and slight noises when it's soak time. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1479515846.092579.jpgIt's as if he has a nervous tick when he's in water. Is it his way of "calling out" like he doesn't want to be in the water? He only does this when it's soak time daily. He also does it above water, so it's not him drinking it. Anyone seen this before?

hkasal09

5 Year Member
Sutherlin, Oregon
Nope. He's in luke warm, baby bath temp water. I feel like it's his way of chirping as if he doesn't want to be in the water. Similar to like a dog whining about something he doesn't like. Haha. Doesn't sound like it's bad.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Nope. He's in luke warm, baby bath temp water. I feel like it's his way of chirping as if he doesn't want to be in the water. Similar to like a dog whining about something he doesn't like. Haha. Doesn't sound like it's bad.
"Baby bath" temp. is to cool. It will cool off and be uncomfortable quickly . If you can hold your hand in the water it is not too hot ! Then he will love it ! ;)

100_8041.jpg

TortoiseDoc

Although, the veterinarian in me has to ask and make sure you're not using that baking pan for baking any more :) I love reptiles, but Salmonella is very real... I would say make that a dedicated tortoise tub from here on out :)

hkasal09

5 Year Member
Sutherlin, Oregon
Thank you all for the advice. I will try warming the water a little more. Yes, that glass baking pan is dedicated to him. I have a ton of them. Lol

hkasal09

5 Year Member
Sutherlin, Oregon
I wish I could share the video of my little guy doing this. I don't known how to share the video though.