Question (Greek and Leopard baby together)

boba_child

Location (City and/or State)
Ashford
Is it wise to let a Spur Thighed Tortoise and a Leopard Tortoise, be together in an enclosure? (Both are 6 months old)
And are the able to breed?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
.........and any 2 tortoises together in a limited space could result in a bullying problem which means that one tort could have a pretty miserable life and be injured or even killed.

boba_child

Ashford
Definitely not. They both require completely different care, and could easily give each other diseases.

They would not be able to breed at that age.

Please give this a read-
http://aminoapps.com/p/hcr7rx

Hiya, thanks for your reply

I didn’t mean for them to breed at that age of course haha

But no I was just curious, as I’d love have more tortoises, but I was just wondering if putting them in the same enclosure was safe x

boba_child

Ashford
.........and any 2 tortoises together in a limited space could result in a bullying problem which means that one tort could have a pretty miserable life and be injured or even killed.

This makes me feel awful for even mentioning it, I never knew, thanks for letting me know x

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
I agree mostly with Yvonne G
And far as groups of the same species to me there's no harm in it given you have a large piece of land for them to go and be alone if they so please. My friend have a large piece of land big enough that he can put even 4 sulcatas in together I guess becouce they can escape each other if they so please.

Last edited: