Questionable scene in the movie "bad teacher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So I have seen this movie promoted relentlessly, and one scene I see over and over again is the one where the teacher makes two other students restrain a student and then she proceeds to throw a ball (rubber one) at his privates. Now am I wrong to think this is wrong? I realize it is a movie and of course the young actor did not have that actually happen to him, but still it just seems wrong to me. I have not heard anyone say anything about this but I wonder what if the scene was reversed and a male teacher did something like that (or the equivalent) to a female student. Would there be outrage and condemnation of the movie? Am I blowing this out of proportion?
Now I will admit to being a bit of a hypocrite I like others of my age have laughed at scenes like that before, but they usually involve adults and I can't think of one where the person was restrained. Now again I know it is just a movie, but still. So am I wrong and blowing it out of proportion or should I be outraged, I am of course outraged at it, but what do others think about it? thank you for your time.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
RE: Questionable scene in the movie "bad teacer"

dmmj,
Everytime that stupid ad is played, (it's coming into theaters now here)I think the same thing..but I keep it to myself feeling I maybe am just acting 'old'. as my 15 yr old says!
Thanks for saying something, not a good message to portray.
And as for some of those 'montage' clips from Americans Funniest Videos, the ones where people whip out and fall etc, are about the funniest, cept for the few you wonder if they got seriously got hurt. Is that bad too?
Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.