Questions about my Golden Greek tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisianaTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I have a few questions about my golden greek tortoise. It's a male, and the previous owner said hes 3 years old. I've only had him for about 2 months, and I just recently moved back to Louisiana from North Carolina. One of my friends there bought me my golden greek, and before I got him I knew little about them. He just got sent to me not too long ago, so I'm still setting his home up. I've been researching about them, but it seems everyone says something totally different. I'm asking greek owners on how they care for them. Like whats the best substrates? What temps & humidity do yall keep them at? My little guy will be indoor until the summer, so I'm going to be building a tortoise table for him. As of now he's in a 50 gallon storage container. Which I've read is okay for him. I want him happy, & healthy as can be. The advice from greek owners would be appreciated.:tort:

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Hi and welcome !! So sorry I cant help you though. I dont know anything about Greek torts
but hopefully someone on here will!!!! Good luck :)

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
I use like a bark/coco coir mix. U can use zoo med forest floor also. I keep mine at 100 degrees F on the hot side and 75 on cool side. My humidity is around 35%

Patrick1679

5 Year Member
When indoors, I keep my group on a 4x8 tortoise table with a UVA/UVB basking spot of 100-105 and a cool end that ranges between 68-75. I use topsoil/sand 50/50 mix as a substrate and I have two hides. One dry and one with added humidity to about 65%. Ambient humidity is 35-40%. Most important thing I've found to health is a good, varied diet with proper calcium to phosphorous ratio and lots of long strand fiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.