Questions on outdoor enclosures in Florida

Tori Sparrow

Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Any one who lives in Florida knows that getting humidity and heat is no problem 10 months out of the year. about 2 days a year it gets down in the 30s, but really 50 is "cold" here. As far as I'm concerned, as a Florida native I really should have gills by now since 100% humidity is common. At less than 50% humidity I consider it "dry."
That being said I'm fairly confident most torts could be very happy outside most of the year in my yard. I live on 10 acres of forest, a large portion of which cattle meander, with a pond.

I believe that an 8x8 foot should be plenty of space for any tort less that 12 inches in length. I would think 18-24 inches would be tall enough.

I am wondering if I can have a mobile enclosure. I have a large yard and I see no reason for the tort to be confined to the same piece of yard. there are plenty of trees to provide shade throughout the yard. Given that I live in a rural community with animals such as cows and goats there is no concern for dangerous chemicals. Predators such as the neighbors dogs or wild coyotes would be more of a concern, but that too could be overcome.

I would like to adopt a herbivore, but beyond that I'm pretty open. Thus I would like my enclosure to be non specie specific. The hide and water dish would be determined by the specific tort.

Thoughts?