Questions on pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Yaj

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I am deathly afraid of my tortoise getting Metabolic bone disease or shell pyramiding. What are thing's I can do to prevent this. I am new at this and want to take every precaution I can to make sure that Chester grows up healthy and happy. :(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What kind of tort do you have. Also, give us a run down of your complete enclosure set up and we can help you improve if needed. Most info out there is old school or bad. Most pet stores info is wrong. You will get all the correct ways here and everyone is more than willing to help you do it the right way.

qixer01

10 Year Member!
Pictures would be a plus. Proper diet and humidity are the key.

A.Yaj

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
120411_0002.jpg

Well this is the top view of the enclosure. I have a Russian Tortoise. I use a cement mixing tub. I'm pretty sure this is not big enough for my tortoise of that size but this is all I can manage right now. :( But I use Repti Bark and Coco coir as my substrate. My temp is usually at 80-85 Degrees. My moisture always goes down really fast so every couple hours I spray the enclosure until the humidity gets to 60+. I started by putting a spring salad mix into his enclosure but I'm not sure he's eating yet because I just got him a little more than 2 weeks ago and he's still adjusting. I have a 13 watt a fluorescent coil UVB bulb ( I need to change it soon! ) and and Zoo Med Basking light. Anything else? :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.