Questions on Selling Hatchling Indian Stars

Lrodmyre

Location (City and/or State)
Lindstrom, MN
Hi All,

I hatched 2 baby Indian Stars this spring, and would like to sell them. I have never sold a reptile before, so I have a few questions. I have ordered the insulated boxes and deli cups, and heat packs.
1. Can I still ship them now? I am in MN. Our nights are getting down to about 50-60. If so, do I put a heat pack in with the box? At what temps do you include a heat pack?
2. How do you figure out shipping costs?
3. At what night temperature do you stop shipping?
Thanks for your help! I greatly appreciate it.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hi All,

I hatched 2 baby Indian Stars this spring, and would like to sell them. I have never sold a reptile before, so I have a few questions. I have ordered the insulated boxes and deli cups, and heat packs.
1. Can I still ship them now? I am in MN. Our nights are getting down to about 50-60. If so, do I put a heat pack in with the box? At what temps do you include a heat pack?
2. How do you figure out shipping costs?
3. At what night temperature do you stop shipping?
Thanks for your help! I greatly appreciate it.
Lots of information for correct shipping and would take a long time to type out. Use shipyourreptiles.com. Call them and they will walk you though all the questions you have above.

Briefly:
I ship if temps are under 105°max (receiving end) and above 40° min. (both ends)
I use heat pack if temps on both ends are under 65°max high on both ends.
Only use the 72 hour heat pack - designed to get to about 105°max and holds a much more stable temperature. Do not trust the 48 hour ones. Never use hand warmers. Do not place in direct contact with inside tortoise container. Tape to inside top of box ensuring a gap between it and deli cup/bag tortoise is in.
ONLY ship hub to hub. Never delivery to door of recipient. You drop off after 4PM. They pick up by 9AM next morning.
Only ship Tues or Wed.
Always check weather in transfer hub (usually Memphis for me) to ensure no severe thunderstorms predicted for that night.
Be sure to have the right paperwork attached to and inside box. shipyourreptiles.com has that to download on their website.