Quick Question about my temperatures in my closed enclosure

brian.le02

Location (City and/or State)
Surprise Arizona
In my enclosure my digital thermostat says it’s 87 at night 92 during the day in the entire thing and when I use my thermal temp gun on the substrate it ranges from 88-97 on the hotter side and 97 being the basking rock and low 90’s around the area also I have a humid hide near it that is around 83-85 degrees inside my baby sulcata likes to spend a lot of time in this also the middle it is probably 85-89 degrees and I also have a cool side humid hide that is about 80-83 degrees inside he also doesn’t go into this much and the cool side is also about 80 degrees is this ok for my baby sulcata? The humidity is also around 80% mid 80’s after a mist it use to be 90 but I had to upgrade my Heat source which brought it down but is this all ok for my baby sulcata?

Last edited:

brian.le02

Surprise Arizona
Before I changed the heat source and raised them temp he was always inside his hide but today is the first day on these temps and I have noticed he is a bit more active I have actually seen him going out and basking in the heat area for a little while and he was eating as well

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I'd say your temps and humidity levels are pretty darn good. Seems your tort enjoys the higher temps. What are the dimensions of your enclosure? Got any pics?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
In my enclosure my digital thermostat says it’s 87 at night 92 during the day in the entire thing and when I use my thermal temp gun on the substrate it ranges from 88-97 on the hotter side and 97 being the basking rock and low 90’s around the area also I have a humid hide near it that is around 83-85 degrees inside my baby sulcata likes to spend a lot of time in this also the middle it is probably 85-89 degrees and I also have a cool side humid hide that is about 80-83 degrees inside he also doesn’t go into this much and the cool side is also about 80 degrees is this ok for my baby sulcata? The humidity is also around 80% mid 80’s after a mist it use to be 90 but I had to upgrade my Heat source which brought it down but is this all ok for my baby sulcata?
I would suggest raising the basking temp to 100,that would be optimal.

brian.le02

Surprise Arizona
I'd say your temps and humidity levels are pretty darn good. Seems your tort enjoys the higher temps. What are the dimensions of your enclosure? Got any pics?

Thank you!!! It had taken me awhile to get this through a lot of time and trial and error but it had been a little harder to keep humidity with these new temps

IMG_1555023577.008487.jpg