Quick questions about feeding 9 month old Leopard

Anna!

5 Year Member
I have a 9ish month old leopard who spends most of his time in a pen outside in the grass (I live in the south and it’s nice and warm all day). I’ll usually add a handful of extra food to his water dish (lettuce, dandelions, squash/cucumber blossoms, ROS, opuntia, etc) but he doesn’t often each much of it. When I bring him inside at night should I be offering him additional food or trust that he’s eating enough during the day?
Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Its not good to leave little ones outside all day. Temps and humidity in your climate don't matter. They do better when housed correctly mostly indoors. My general rule of thumb is an hour of outside time per inch of tortoise.

Tortoises are grazers. They should be allowed to eat as much of the right foods as they want, all day long.

Mine don't like eating food in their water bowls. I'd put the food in a food bowl instead.

Anna!

5 Year Member
Its not good to leave little ones outside all day. Temps and humidity in your climate don't matter. They do better when housed correctly mostly indoors. My general rule of thumb is an hour of outside time per inch of tortoise.

Tortoises are grazers. They should be allowed to eat as much of the right foods as they want, all day long.

Mine don't like eating food in their water bowls. I'd put the food in a food bowl instead.
Awesome. Thanks!! I’ll make sure to do that. His inside tank is all set up with the right temps and humidity, I just thought that he would prefer to be outdoors if possible. I’ll be more careful about his outside time. Thank you!