R.I.P. my precious, perfect, good little Gibby. My heart is broken.

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco Bay Area
!cid_64BF1E4C-BBAF-4DFD-8EC4-5166D35DDC97.jpg !cid_B5C776E7-8119-4ED6-BFB5-B5CB2CA5F8D3.jpg backyard.jpg Gib_wallpaper.jpg Professor_Gibby.jpg selfie.jpg wallpaper2.jpg Gib_Dec_2013.JPG photo.JPG photo2.JPG Little_Gib.jpg Gib_Yawning_in_his_warm_bath.jpg Rest in Peace my perfect, little, good, loving, playful Gibson Sunburst (Gib, Gibby, Goo-Goo, Precious one, lovely baby...)

The terrible journey of the past 2 weeks ended yesterday for Gibby. He died on a heating pad next to me while I was rubbing his shell just like he liked.

He had a horrible beginning to his life, we rescued him while he still had fold marks and a residual egg tooth.

Then the past 2.5 weeks were pretty tough for him again, and now I know he's not suffering any more like he did at the beginning and end of his life. That is small comfort to me with my broken heart, but I cling to it right now.

Thank you, to all of you, who have reached out to me the past 3 years with Gibby, and for all who have been incredibly and wonderfully responsive to me the past 3 weeks! What an amazing community here, and I'm not sure how anybody helps and keeps red foots without the caring community online here. Thank you!

His final journey is documented in other threads here - in 2 places, with a cautionary tale about not letting vets inject your torties at this location:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...t-do-it-at-this-location.118867/#post-1102287

And how it all started here:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/green-and-yellow-mucous-please-help-with-experiences.118173/

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Sorry for the loss, I've lost a few and I know it's not easy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so very sorry. Also find some comfort in although too short of a life, but it was with someone that really loved and cared for him.

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
I am so sorry for your loss. Gibby was beautiful. This is so hard. You will be in my thoughts.

Little Bit

I was with you and Gibby at the end and so sorry we could not pull him through. Always hard to loose a beloved friend.

Last edited:

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
I am so very sorry. Also find some comfort in although too short of a life, but it was with someone that really loved and cared for him.

Thanks so much Wellington. You were the first person I met here when I was learning to set up Gibby's first baby habitat, thank you for these words of comfort.

Mantissa3

10 Year Member!
San Francisco Bay Area
I was with you and Gibby at the end and so sorry we could not pull him through. Always hard to loose a beloved friend.

Thank you for investing in a tough case, and for being there as he gave up and slipped away. You helped me so much, although I'm still not really letting go yet...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I haven't seen Gibby's story yet but I am so very sorry for your loss - at least he was well loved and happy during his time with you and wasn't alone at the end. Take care

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
What a sweet, precious baby. So obviously well loved. I am terribly sorry for your loss. :tort::<3: