Rabbit Repellant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
Fortunately, this isn't an enclosure, and is just a corner of raw land. It was cleaned off a few years ago before I bought it, so most of the major creosote bushes are gone, but it does have a pretty rocky surface. Personally, I don't think it's a very big deal to scrape an enclosure clean as long as they're eating off of a tray or a concrete slab, etc. Eventually (likely this winter) when I get my enclosures going out there, I will be bringing in lots and lots of soils for them. Being in the commercial concrete industry, I can get sands and soils very cheap (sand around $3 per ton). I also can get concrete very cheap also and do the work myself, so it'll be relatively easy to clean it up in no time. Now if I could just keep the rabbits out....

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Confirmed, these products do not work at all. The cactus is completely eaten. My dogs walk right past it like it's no deterrent at all. Do not buy from AnimalOff.com, what a waste of money and cactus.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would have been pleasantly surprised, if you had said otherwise.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Secretly, me too.... If I had much faith in them from the get-go, I would have planted more than 1 cactus. I'll just keep potting them. Maybe once they're 4' tall, the base will be tough enough to withstand rodents.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was waiting to hear if this worked, I also did not have high hopes, I wonder how they can get away with selling products that do not work? So no on sonar bug and animal repellents. Any chance of a refund?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I could probably try for a refund. I haven't even opened 2 of the 3 boxes. They kinda tricked me into buying 3 when I meant to buy two (confusing checkout process)... I wouldn't expect a return process to be easy. It'd probably be more satisfying to ship them a dead rabbit that got shot because their product didn't work.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Have you tried a ring of chicken wire around them? My cottontails leave them alone if I do this. I only go about 2' high with it and stake it into the ground so the wind doesn't blow it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.