Rachel Gave Me Some Gifts

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
It started on October 3rd and finished early this morning. This first pic shows their color best.Picture 005.jpgThe next 2 they all look gray.Picture 007.jpgGot 2 males and 2 femalesPicture 008.jpgBred her with a small mixed breed named Chuck. They all unlike Rachel have fur.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Was this an accident? I'm wondering why you went with a mixed breed. At any rate, nuttin' cuter'n puppies!!
No it was planned. I went with a mixed breed because Rachel's breed was started by inbreeding. Both her and Abner (her brother) are as smart as a whip, but not suited for everyone. And I want to raise another pup to add to my family. I'm keeping a female, my sister in law wants a female, and the family that raised Galloper want a male. I found 3 good forever homes before I even considered doing this. Only had one lockup not multiple matings to help keep the number of puppies down.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Len - they're so beautiful!

She's a lovely Momma.

Now you will be sending me info about how the boys come along, woncha? *wink*View attachment 336794
So far she has done great as a new momma. I went to change the bedding and as quick as I took the puppies out so I could do it she was putting them back in. I won and got it done without upsetting her.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
My late Lhasa Momma used to let me do most of the heavy lifting (cleaning butts, so forth). But she did like to bang up against the nest and wake them when she wanted a cuddle. lol

They need me - open the door! *innocently blinking*

After she would dry up, she let them clump around her in the mornings and "nurse" on balls of her fur until they were 16 weeks old (and basically lost interest).

Her pregnancies were Great Secrets between us that made her eyes twinkle. Good mommies are the Best.

Len B

10 Year Member!
The puppies are 2 weeks old and doing fine. their eyes are opening. They each have a good home to go to.Picture 004.jpgHere's a pic from a few minutes ago. Rachel has done a fantastic job at mothering. Abner misses her full time companionship.

Dragon

michagin
Hi could you please tell me what kind of dog your dog is? About 6 months ago we got a rescue dog from the pound... her history wasnt good....she had been severaly abused and it took us a couple of months before she would even let us touch her....she is doing much better now and is competley relaxed and happy when it is just me and my bf home....still nervious with compeny....anyway when we got Bonnie there was nothing on her paperwork to even guess as to what breed/breeds she might be or have in her. she looks a lot like your dog in the picture. I'll have to look for a pic of her but we are just courious

Len B

10 Year Member!
Hi could you please tell me what kind of dog your dog is? About 6 months ago we got a rescue dog from the pound... her history wasnt good....she had been severaly abused and it took us a couple of months before she would even let us touch her....she is doing much better now and is competley relaxed and happy when it is just me and my bf home....still nervious with compeny....anyway when we got Bonnie there was nothing on her paperwork to even guess as to what breed/breeds she might be or have in her. she looks a lot like your dog in the picture. I'll have to look for a pic of her but we are just courious
She's an American Hairless Terrier. Which are like Manchester and Rat terriers.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No it was planned. I went with a mixed breed because Rachel's breed was started by inbreeding. Both her and Abner (her brother) are as smart as a whip, but not suited for everyone. And I want to raise another pup to add to my family. I'm keeping a female, my sister in law wants a female, and the family that raised Galloper want a male. I found 3 good forever homes before I even considered doing this. Only had one lockup not multiple matings to help keep the number of puppies down.
The number of times they breed doesn't have anything to do with number of pups they will have. Glad you got what you wanted though.

Dragon

michagin
She's an American Hairless Terrier. Which are like Manchester and Rat terriers.
Thank you, I doupt bonnie is a pure breed anything but maybe she has some american hairless terrier in her. She is a beautiful dog, unfrountly i moved her picture onto a jump drive to help clean up my desk top.... and who knows which one i saved it on to. lol I am not really a very orgnezed person lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just an fyi incase you ever wanted to breed her again. She does not need to be bred to a mutt because her breed was continued on by inbreeding. That has all been bred thru/out or they would not have been excepted into the AKC until it had been.
I would be sure to not breed her to any close blood lines of hers, making sure any of the same bloodlines are a few generations back
It takes good stub book record keeping and lots of work to get a breed excepted into the AKC. I helped do it with the Chinese Shar-Pei back in the day.