rain Forest Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I work with Wild About Cats. www.wildaboutcats.org It started out as a education and placement group for people who owned or wanted to own exotic 'pet' cats. Lions, tigers, ocelots etc. We ended up doing more education and fundraising for worldwide projects. People can still donate thru us and we give 100% of donations to intended projects. This is one we helped along the way. The first one we ever raised funds for was Touch the Jungle in Ecuador.
Thought I'd share:

We sent some funding to Andrew's project two years ago ($18,000 I think?), here's an update. :)

----- Original Message -----
To: Subject: Announcing Prince's Rainforests Project site launch

Dear GCP Friends,

Happy World Environment Day!

As a Senior Advisor to The Prince's Rainforests Project leading up to and since its inception on October 25th, I thought you might like to know about the launch - today - of this project's new website. It contains interesting facts about rainforests around the world and some terrific films, including one featuring HRH The Prince of Wales talking about rainforests as global utilities providing services we all use but do not pay for. It also includes a rather frightening counter which tells you how many square metres of rainforest have been lost while you have been logged on!

site: http://www.princesrainforestsproject.org
introductory video: http://www.youtube.com/rainforestsproject
As you will see from the site, the Prince's project is providing a huge accelerator to many ideas we have developed through GCP's Alliance of friends as well as those from numerous other groups around the world, especially from rainforest nations themselves.

His Royal Highness is playing a very active role in all this. He is backed by a full team at Clarence House in London and major companies such as Goldman Sachs, Shell, KMPG, Mann Group, Google, and many others on the project Steering Committee. GCP Trustee Hylton Philipson is also an Advisor to the project. The project will run until December 2009 by which time it intends to deliver 5-6 major costed ideas for reducing deforestation engaging both the private sector and governments.

There is also an area on the website where you can sign up to show your support for what the Prince is trying to do. Please provide any comment you have. As is the case with all websites, it is in constant development.

Many thanks for your interest,
Andrew Mitchell

Director
Global Canopy Programme
www.globalcanopy.org

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Thought: Consider this an Umbrella Project. Any area that is protected for the cats or whatever target species.. it also helps all other species that live there INCLUDING Turtles and Tortoises!!

Status
Not open for further replies.