5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Whittier, CA.
2ag6dm9.jpg

nqpp44.jpg

doqpw7.jpg

28somlg.jpg

2mwxf05.jpg

Made her a pen out of some rocks but she dug the rest herself crazy how fast they dig.

1z4fgpc.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy let me know what you guys think! :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That looks like an awesome pen, I am only concerned about the brick height they can climb very well. How tall are your walls?

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
i have being watching her all day and she has yet to break out yet! that was my concern as well actually but she hasnt broken out so i will continue to watch her and if she does break out then ill dig more down all along the sides

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
I love the pen, it looks great. I wouldn't wait to dig more out though. Eventually when she gets bored she will climb over that wall somewhere.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i would definately go taller.. they are climbers and escape artists! you say front yard.. can people see her? or is your frontyard fenced? id be worried someone might take her...
but really nice pen!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a cutie!! I just loove Russians :D
My Russian can't quite reach the top of his enclosure when standing on his hind legs, and I'm still constantly paranoid. Definitely make the height taller if you can! I don't want your adorable little baby to escape!

Greg Knoell

10 Year Member!
Laveen, AZ
I agree, definitely too short of walls to leave your tortoise inside the pen unattended. Russians are known as the one of the best climbers of the 'tortoise kingdom.' Personally I've seen them crawl up and over vertical brick walls four or five times higher than your pen walls. I have friends that have the same problem with their Russians.

Greg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I like that the pen is around a tree and not a square.

I must know, does Ramsay's dance at the parties? :p(I really hope someone knows what I'm refering too)

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
hahahahaha yeah i know what you are refering to and she will dance sometimes lol... but my girl had named her that and when she had told me that name i told her the same thing lol... oh and neal i love your leos man i would love to get one from you! ;)

Neal said:
I like that the pen is around a tree and not a square.

I must know, does Ramsay's dance at the parties? :p(I really hope someone knows what I'm refering too)

luke

5 Year Member
SoCal
Very nice outdoor set up you have there. I love the three and the rock hide. The short grass looks great. I would probably add a hide on the other side, opposite the rock hide. It looks nice.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Looks good, would definitely go higher with the walls never know when you'll turn your back if she decides to do the spiderman and get out...:D:p

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
Haha that video was perfect I haven't seen that movie In a long time gotta watch it again! I'm going to send you a PM Neal about that Leo you might have in a few weeks cool.

Neal said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOb5RUAqCgU[/youtube]

This is the best version I could find on youtube.

I may have one for sale in a few weeks, I just need to work out some issues with FedEx.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Great design, but another vote for a MUCH taller wall...minimal 2' from the ground, with an overhang, 'cause Russians are excellent escape artists! :tort:

Also, does your front yard have a fence around it? Lotsa thieves in this world. :(

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice! Ditto to what everyone else said. I noticed it right away about the low walls. Russians can and do climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.