Rat Trap Recommendation: 24/7 Type Trap for Prevention

EricW

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
Nice things about Opossums is they don't carry rabies and are perfectly safe around your dogs and cats. They do not transmit any diseases to them. Only one disease to horses, but they are the safest to have a round and great all around.

Maddoggy

Vero Beach Florida
I have an screech owl box in the middle of my enclosure .I haven't had any nest but my neighbor has had nesting owls two years in a row. It seems like they dont stick around that long so Im not sure how much of a rat deterrent they really are.I tried live traps ,Rat traps,and poison baits. The most effective has been poison bait stations.I also found out feeding wild birds will attract rats. I also clean up any spilled or leftover Mazuri pellets religiously . I put my stations in small cages with 1x2 mesh and place them in spots torts cant get to. So far I have eliminated them but I always keep bait stations out to get the strays

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
I live on the edge of a grass seed field. Almost 17 years now and I have given up...I have skunks, voles, mice, rats, possums, raccoons, foxes, mountain lions, deer and turkey buzzards. I put all my chelonia away every night. I have given up on poison traps, and live traps and no traps, but the dead or removed pests are simply replaced by others. So I quit pestering them and they stopped destroying my property. Possums chase and eat the rats, and now the possums live under my house instead of rats. Now we are all living together in harmony...or at least they stopped bugging me...View attachment 350182
Opossum love rats, and dog poop.🤣

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
i use this cage trap. works great with peanut butter
you can pour boiling water for a quick death or just leave them bake in the sun for couple hours
no rats gets out of my house alive

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0