Re-home 2 Leopards South Central PA

steveandjackiec

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harrisburg, PA
My wife and I have taken a lot of time to come to this decision. We have decided to try to find a new home for our 2 Leo's. They are affectionately named Sheldon and Leonard, our last name is Cooper... We got them both in 2013, Sheldon in August 2013, and Leonard in October 2013. We thoroughly enjoy them, but we feel that our lives have gotten so busy and we are unable to give them the proper care that they deserve. We had a baby boy July of last year and since then, our care of our Leo's has diminished.
We have never done anything like this with any pet, and honestly never thought we would. My wife is so broken up about this that she couldn't even make this post. Like I said earlier, we don't want to re-home them, but we do feel it is best for them. We currently have them in 2 separate enclosures, it is not necessary that they both go to one home.
We would prefer pickup, so we can meet the person/people who will be taking them in.

photo.php
Both Sheldon (right) and Leonard (Left)

photo.php
Sheldon bottom

photo.php
Sheldon

photo.php
Sheldon

photo.php
Leonard bottom

photo.php
Leonard bottom

photo.php
Leonard hiding front

photo.php
Leonard hiding in the corner

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The pics aren't showing for me either. Sorry you have to do this, but nice that you are considerate of them to do this.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The link worked. They look great. The larger one appears male but could still change. The smaller on kinda small to sex yet.
Good luck

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Beautiful tortoises. Sorry you have to rehome them. I am sure someone will be happy to have them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I do need to,check,and make sure these are up for adoption, no money involved or do you really want to sell them?

steveandjackiec

5 Year Member
Harrisburg, PA
We are not asking for money for Sheldon and Leonard, but if someone wants the enclosures and heat elements we would ask for something.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
They are Beautiful tortoises. Sorry you have to rehome them. I am sure someone will be happy to have them.

Wooly

I wish you luck! It's sad but you are doing the right thing 4 your baby's! I wish I could help but I am so far away! Good luck and I'm sure if you find a home on here, they will be well looked after!

Gennifer11

@stevenandjackiec , I sent you a message on fb, I am checking to see if your torts are still available? Please let me know :) I would rather adopt tort in need before I buy a new one :)