nappo

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I am in urgent need of re-homing my 3 year old sulcata tortoise, Tuni, in the Texas area.

I just joined the forum but I've been a long time lurker since I got Tuni back in September 2020. I've had Tuni since he was a hatchling (3-4 months old) and I am reluctant to let him go, but due to unforseen circumstances, my living situation will change soon.

I am located in Austin, Texas and would hope to have someone pick him up rather than shipping him. I would be willing to drop him off if the new home is within 2-3 hours away. I'm hoping to send him to an experienced tortoise parent who has an established enclosure for him; I can also give all the supplies I currently have for him (ceramic heat emitter, 60 watt bulbs, box exclosure with sliding glass door, Mazuri pellets, dried orchard grass, etc). Tuni is a confirmed male and he has a little bit of pyramiding and flakiness in his shell, but not a lot. Please let me know if you are interested!

nappo

Texas
Some images and more details about Tuni
  • 16.8 pounds
  • 7 inches wide and 14 inches long
  • Super friendly and responsive to colors (especially the purple of the Mazuri pellet bag; I use it as treats)
  • Knows to walk back home when the sun is a bout to set relatively consistently (we bring him outside during sunny/warm days and keep him indoors in him box enclosure overnight)
  • Diet of grass, dried orchard and timothy hay, and occasional grocery greens (lettuce, endive, escarole, dandelion leaves, turnip greens)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Beautiful sulcata. Right now it's looking female, but that may change as he gets bigger.

nappo

Texas
Beautiful sulcata. Right now it's looking female, but that may change as he gets bigger.
Thank you Yvonne! I thought Tuni was female due to his size and seemingly slow growth, but we have seen him flagging during soaks and once when he had trouble defecating.

Speedster

Texas
Hi, I’m in the Dallas area and not too far from Austin. We have a huge yard and will provide a good home for Tuni. We have rescue another sulcata in the past that the owner no longer able to care for. We would love to add a second addition. We can come pick him up anytime. Let us know? Thanks.

Tuolumne

Austin
I am in urgent need of re-homing my 3 year old sulcata tortoise, Tuni, in the Texas area.

I just joined the forum but I've been a long time lurker since I got Tuni back in September 2020. I've had Tuni since he was a hatchling (3-4 months old) and I am reluctant to let him go, but due to unforseen circumstances, my living situation will change soon.

I am located in Austin, Texas and would hope to have someone pick him up rather than shipping him. I would be willing to drop him off if the new home is within 2-3 hours away. I'm hoping to send him to an experienced tortoise parent who has an established enclosure for him; I can also give all the supplies I currently have for him (ceramic heat emitter, 60 watt bulbs, box exclosure with sliding glass door, Mazuri pellets, dried orchard grass, etc). Tuni is a confirmed male and he has a little bit of pyramiding and flakiness in his shell, but not a lot. Please let me know if you are interested!
Hi Nappo,
I'm in Austin and looking to adopt. Let me know if Tuni is still looking for his new home.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Tortoises should not be kept in pairs unless it's temporary for mature pairs when breeding is the intention.

nappo

Texas
Hi Nappo,
I'm in Austin and looking to adopt. Let me know if Tuni is still looking for his new home.
Hi, thank you for you response, but I have already sent Tuni to another home!

Millebz

TX

“Me and my wife would really like to adopt a tortoise that needs a new home. We know the responsibility and work that they require. She let her neighbor have hers that she raise from a hatchling when she went to college and couldn’t bring herself to take it back when she graduated. We have held off for a few years till we got a yard and a good fence and enough room for it to be comfortable” this is my post. We live in Galveston and would be more than happy to discuss taking care of him would love to pay for your fuel and a nights stay so you could see if you are comfortable with him being with us

Millebz

TX
“Me and my wife would really like to adopt a tortoise that needs a new home. We know the responsibility and work that they require. She let her neighbor have hers that she raise from a hatchling when she went to college and couldn’t bring herself to take it back when she graduated. We have held off for a few years till we got a yard and a good fence and enough room for it to be comfortable” this is my post. We live in Galveston and would be more than happy to discuss taking care of him would love to pay for your fuel and a nights stay so you could see if you are comfortable with him being with us
I’m sorry I just realized you already rehomed him