Re-homing Tortoises

Charlie M.

Location (City and/or State)
Temecula
Hello! I have an eight year old Russian tortoise who I have had for about four years. When I got her, I used the instructions provided by Petsmart, which I have since discovered are unhealthy and inadequate for Russian tortoises. After reading many posts on this forum, I've realized that I do not have the time, space, or money to give her a good life. What would be the best way to try to re-home her? I'm hesitant to ask family and friends because, living in a suburban town, no one I know has the sufficient space or time. Are there tortoise sanctuaries or rescue centers that would take her? I live in Southern California and would be willing to drive to any sanctuary to provide my tortoise with a better life. Thank you!

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs,CO
Hello! I have an eight year old Russian tortoise who I have had for about four years. When I got her, I used the instructions provided by Petsmart, which I have since discovered are unhealthy and inadequate for Russian tortoises. After reading many posts on this forum, I've realized that I do not have the time, space, or money to give her a good life. What would be the best way to try to re-home her? I'm hesitant to ask family and friends because, living in a suburban town, no one I know has the sufficient space or time. Are there tortoise sanctuaries or rescue centers that would take her? I live in Southern California and would be willing to drive to any sanctuary to provide my tortoise with a better life. Thank you!
Many forum members would be glad to take your tortoise. Here would be a great place to rehome her. Good luck with getting her a good home!