Re: Outdoor enclosure for rocky

tortoise42

Location (City and/or State)
Utah,US
First off I still have not started building it second I have only really started planning it today, here's what i know I know the size it is going to be is 24 Sq. feet roughly, second it will be partially or fully shaded for a little time every day. Now to what I don't know what substrate should I use and can I keep some of it grass, how tall should it be, should I put something underneath to keep him from burrowing to deep, and is man made shade a good option such as a pot for a plant half burried. and also what should I use for the exterior wood, brick, mesh. what should I use for a roof. Thank you for helping me I know this is a lot of questions but answers really help

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
What kind of tortoise are you planning this outdoor enclosure for? Will this be full time all year, or just for the summer?

Some pix of the area you have in mind for the build will help ppl give u ideas. This will help answer the substrate questions.

You can probably keep all of the grass.

Upload some pix.

tortoise42

Utah,US
It is a russian tortoise here are some pix of the area over by where the sandbox (wood lid is) and it will only be summer we have some pretty bad sand in that sanbox but if we got new stuff would some sand and grass work??

Attachments

• IMG_3880.JPG
    IMG_3880.JPG
    938.4 KB · Views: 10