Ready for a PP...favorite breeder?

K8E K

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N. CA
Or place to adopt (Nor Cal)? I'm happy to hear places you wouldn't recommend as well (feel free to message those if you don't want to share publicly)...

Anyone that you think does an especially good job with Leopards, and/or would be sure it's a PP not B? I obtained an MEP from a breeder that had advertised it as an MEE, and I know it can be confusing (and I was totally thrilled to have an MEP, so it was totally fine!)- but I'd like to be sure of what I'm getting :)

I'm not in a huge hurry, and am expecting a hatchling but with a week or so lead can have habitat ready for any size (no specific preference on my end).

Thanks for your recommendations!!

K8E K

5 Year Member
N. CA
I've got babies right now. They should be ready to go in another month or so. I like to keep them for a while and get them well started.
:) Can I put my name in? I know YOU have happy healthy torts :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ok,
Thanks for your recommendations!!
I throw in @Tom. He's done plenty of personal research on this specific breed as well as many other sub Saharan tortoises. He has written care-sheets covering their care from hatchlings to old-timer leopard that are posted and, "stickies" here on this forum of ours. Many seasoned keepers, (myself included) when stumped or needing help or advice will turn to Tom for help.
One more fine thing about Tom, he's willing to help from the moment you open the box when it arrives upto and further than when your old tortoise passes away. He's a good guy, just wanting the best for your tortoise.
And what's best of all? He's a member of our Tortoise Forum!!! Almost available at the touch of a finger.
If you were in the market for a P.P. I've a few breeders I'd recommend to you. But babcockie I'd go with Tom's well started babies.
I Hope all of that helps you on your pilgrimage. We WILL, all of us, expect pictures.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I throw in @Tom. He's done plenty of personal research on this specific breed as well as many other sub Saharan tortoises. He has written care-sheets covering their care from hatchlings to old-timer leopard that are posted and, "stickies" here on this forum of ours. Many seasoned keepers, (myself included) when stumped or needing help or advice will turn to Tom for help.
One more fine thing about Tom, he's willing to help from the moment you open the box when it arrives upto and further than when your old tortoise passes away. He's a good guy, just wanting the best for your tortoise.
And what's best of all? He's a member of our Tortoise Forum!!! Almost available at the touch of a finger.
If you were in the market for a P.P. I've a few breeders I'd recommend to you. But babcockie I'd go with Tom's well started babies.
I Hope all of that helps you on your pilgrimage. We WILL, all of us, expect pictures.

Thanks Ken. I just thought I should mention that I only have PP and no babcockii types.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thanks Ken. I just thought I should mention that I only have PP and no babcockii types.
Well then it's time for you to step up your game mister! Or maybe contact someone known to the two of us that does have some.

K8E K

5 Year Member
N. CA
Well then it's time for you to step up your game mister! Or maybe contact someone known to the two of us that does have some.
Thanks for the response Ken! Actually, I'm interested in a PP anyway, so it's perfect :)