Recently became less anonymous.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
N.W. Arkansas
43658247-28D1-4CC4-AB08-A49AFA777086.jpeg I have been around for almost three years reading and commenting here and there. But, since I recently started a thread about my three Burmese Star Tortoises I thought maybe an introduction was in order. Soooo....
My name is Allen Newberry I am a Knifemaker/Stay at Home Dad. In my 15 minutes of fame I was referred to as the tortoise (as in The Tortoise and The Hare) on the TV Show Forged In Fire. I figured I would throw that in there since it was marginally tortoise related. I have enjoyed the forum and I am glad to be here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. In the "off topic chit chat" section you can post pics of your knives if you'd like. Wouldn't mind seeing them. My nephew watches that show all the time and has gotten into make knifes.
Nice torts. Glad you decided to join in.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
@Tom : Did you notice the raptor in his avatar?

Hi Allen, and welcome to our Forum!!

I have been following Tom’s Burmese Star Tortoise fun for a while. But, yesterday I first discovered that he is also into bees (I have done a bit of beekeeping.) Then a few minutes later found out that he is also into falconry (as am I). A pretty rare combination.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hello and welcome!! I didn't think I'd ever talk to anybody from forged in fire, this is beyond cool. I've never even attempted to make a knife, but I find the process absolutely fascinating and love the show. Welcome aboard.

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas
Hello and welcome!! I didn't think I'd ever talk to anybody from forged in fire, this is beyond cool. I've never even attempted to make a knife, but I find the process absolutely fascinating and love the show. Welcome aboard.

Well now you can cross that off your bucket list. ;) It was season 3 episode 7 Boar Spear in case you want to look it up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have been following Tom’s Burmese Star Tortoise fun for a while. But, yesterday I first discovered that he is also into bees (I have done a bit of beekeeping.) Then a few minutes later found out that he is also into falconry (as am I). A pretty rare combination.
Plus, you 're on tv and he trains animals for tv and movies!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 238789 I have been around for almost three years reading and commenting here and there. But, since I recently started a thread about my three Burmese Star Tortoises I thought maybe an introduction was in order. Soooo....
My name is Allen Newberry I am a Knifemaker/Stay at Home Dad. In my 15 minutes of fame I was referred to as the tortoise (as in The Tortoise and The Hare) on the TV Show Forged In Fire. I figured I would throw that in there since it was marginally tortoise related. I have enjoyed the forum and I am glad to be here.
I have watched Forged In Fire. I love that show.

JanelP

Idaho
Hi and welcome. I want to join this duo of metallurgy, beekeeping, and falconry. I dont have a star tortoise though. However that is the next one I want and am currently researching! which I'm finding it's hard to get one of these tortoises. I'm looking forward to tag along!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi and welcome. I want to join this duo of metallurgy, beekeeping, and falconry. I dont have a star tortoise though. However that is the next one I want and am currently researching! which I'm finding it's hard to get one of these tortoises. I'm looking forward to tag along!
Its very easy to get a star tortoise! I can send you one on Monday if you like! :) I don't ship on Thursdays or Fridays, or I'd send it even sooner…

Are you a beekeeper? Falconer?

JanelP

Idaho
Its very easy to get a star tortoise! I can send you one on Monday if you like! :) I don't ship on Thursdays or Fridays, or I'd send it even sooner…

Are you a beekeeper? Falconer?
SWEET! well I'm going to concentrate on my Leo right now, but when I'm ready I'm going to hit you up!
I have not kept bees on my own due to always living in some sort of sub divisions with ordinences that you cant keep hives. I have however helped with others' hives and propogated them into a sizable colonies. I do plant bee friendly flowers all over. Its sad to see their decrease. especially this spring I have not notice the numbers.
In my early 20's I had a kestrel and did dabbled a bit with falconry. Now being a tech we just work on the birds. We have a pretty big bird of prey center here in boise. It's pretty big in Idaho. Slowing trailing off though as they keep putting the wind turbines up.