Recommendations for Buying Large (roughly 8'x4') Pre-made Indoor Enclosure

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
It's long overdue - I need to get my Redfoot a larger enclosure.

If I had to guess, I'd say my tortoises shell is about 10 inches long and I'd estimate her age to be between 7 and 10 years old. She is probably still growing. I've had her for about 5 years.

I live in the Northeast so unfortunately my tortoise has to live indoors for the majority of the year. I currently have a misting system, UVB strip light and 2 CHE's to keep my tortoises 4x4 enclosure heated (80-85 degrees) with humidity at an adequate 80%.

I have zero woodworking skills/knowledge, and not too much extra time. Has anyone had an enclosure custom made for them with a company that you can recommend? Shipping is not a problem, and I am obviously willing to pay for something well made that will last and keep my tortoise happy.

I realize this topic has been asked frequently - I've tried searching for something on the forum, but some posts are out of date recommending businesses that no longer exist. Any current recommendations would be appreciated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your not going to find one that is for tortoises. However, look for raised garden beds and revamp to be tortoise ready. Pop up portable green houses work great too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
10x12 or small bedroom size room for an adult. Unless she can go outside most of the time, then you can get away with a little smaller. A 4x8 is good for an adult Russian, but they are much smaller then an adult RF.