Red Ear Slider ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
My mom has had a Red Ear Slider Turtle for 3 years. He lives in her Koi Pond and he only has a little rock to get on. Do you think he needs more walking area then a small rock?
Thanks
Jessica

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I have a dock that is big enough plus some for my two female sliders (well, for now anyway...I forsee a pond in the next couple of years) I suppose it is a debatable issue as everyone does their own set up....and when I put the girls outside for their natural sun bathing...they are in a caged enclosure (as we have ravens, hawks and other birds that would think them a yummy treat) and in there is a big ole rock for the two of them to climb out on and dry off and sun....so I suppose my answer would be, maybe a big rock to really stretch out on and maybe a log or a piece of driftwood.... :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I think having a little bit of land is good for a RES, when I design my new pond I definitely want a nice little area for them to get out and walk around if they choose to.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Thanks everyone. I had never really thought about him needing to get up on dry land. Untill I was looking at everyone neat enclosure. I just thought of him being a water turtle. Ok! now we are going to have to make some major improvements for him.
Thanks Alot
Jessica

Status
Not open for further replies.