Status
Not open for further replies.

pochito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
fort lauderdale
hello
I discovered a red foot nest yesterday and 3 out of 4 eggs are cracked
and the shells chipped. The leathery part looks good. I'm still incubating them. any chance they're still good?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Sure, if they don't dry out. You could seal the cracks with a little silicone, but you have to use it sparingly, so they can still breathe and be able to get out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I get those from my sulcatas sometimes. They frequently hatch out. I don't do anything at all to them. As long as the inner, leathery membrane is still intact, I just pop them in the incubator and 90-100 days later, POOF!, a healthy little baby pops out.

pochito

5 Year Member
fort lauderdale
good news the 3 chipped eggs hatched!! The egg that wasn't cracked was bad. 3 more beautiful red foot eggs!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For a minute there I was really confused! Then it dawned on me that when you discovered the eggs on 8/8, it was an old nest, not a new one. I was thinking, whew! hatching in only two weeks? Wow!

Can we see pictures of the babies?

pochito

5 Year Member
fort lauderdale
emysemys said:
For a minute there I was really confused! Then it dawned on me that when you discovered the eggs on 8/8, it was an old nest, not a new one. I was thinking, whew! hatching in only two weeks? Wow!

Can we see pictures of the babies?

i know right! i\I still haven't figured out how to post pics on here. even my brother that works with computers coukdn't do it. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.