Red foot for adoption Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfootflorida

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
I have had a red foot tortoise for about 5 years & am looking to give them up for adoption to the right home. The tortoise has had a well balanced diet, adequate home, etc for the 5 years I’ve had them.

The reason for adoption is that recently (about 6 months ago) they started to bang on the walls of their enclosure. I researched and ended up buying a larger home “the tortoise house”. The banging has continued & it is nearly constant. I cannot provide a larger home / outside area due to space constraints & in turn want to rehome the tortoise to a better home

Please message with any questions. I can meet pretty much anywhere in Florida

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have had a red foot tortoise for about 5 years & am looking to give them up for adoption to the right home. The tortoise has had a well balanced diet, adequate home, etc for the 5 years I’ve had them.

The reason for adoption is that recently (about 6 months ago) they started to bang on the walls of their enclosure. I researched and ended up buying a larger home “the tortoise house”. The banging has continued & it is nearly constant. I cannot provide a larger home / outside area due to space constraints & in turn want to rehome the tortoise to a better home

If this is a female. I could fit her into my currently vacant outdoors enclosure.
If it is a male, I could find him a home nearby. (I only have females in my long term collection and would only keep a Male by a special request)
Contact me if you have any issues in the adoption or if you have any questions.
I'm quite far away in south Broward county. But I can also drive to meet you.
If needed.
This is REDFOOT COUNTRY

Last edited:

Ira Mahther

West Palm Beach, FL
Question. Can you put an adult red foot (if it ends up being a girl) with a 1 year old female redfoot in the same enclosure? I heard they might be territorial

Bstrawn92

Mckinney,TX
If you still need someone I'm near Palm Coast and would love to take him or her in! We have A Huge backyard, they would have a ton of space :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Question. Can you put an adult red foot (if it ends up being a girl) with a 1 year old female redfoot in the same enclosure? I heard they might be territorial
Generally no.
Not even with Redfoot.
The risk of aggression is just too high to keep even 2 females together.
If you have a very large enclosure, groups of all females. Or groups of about 3 females per male can work. But even that isn't gauranteed.
And you're going to need hundreds of square feet to even try it.
However, separate outdoors enclosures are pretty simple and inexpensive to set up here in Florida

SydnieS

New Harmony, IN

Male or female?

SydnieS

New Harmony, IN

I have a male redfoot that is about 10 years old. Would it be an option to house them together? If so my fiancé and I can take her! We live in Indiana but have a wonderful enclosure outdoors that she would love! We have been wanting another redfoot, but I am aware to be cautions when adding an addition. Let me know what you think!

mmills

Clearwater
If you still need someone I'm near Palm Coast and would love to take him or her in! We have A Huge backyard, they would have a ton of space :)
Hi,
I have a 5 year old male red footed tortoise in Clearwater, FL that I would like to rehome and I saw your thread here, possibly you are interested...
I do not want to sell my red footed tortoise. I want to give him away to a great new larger home. I've seen threads where people indicate they have a large backyard. That's what he needs. He is in a large enclosure on my back porch and I let him run around out there. But he really needs more than that. He longs to break through the screen and go outside (he did once and I fortunately found him upside down or he would have probably gone unknowingly into the lake back there). He is strong and healthy. Please reply if interested. I have fed him all of his life fresh artisan lettuces, spring mix (no spinage!), somtimes other greens (for red footed) and fresh fruit such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, papaya, all kinds of melon and once a week I give him some canned chunk chicken which he just loves. Please reply if you have a huge yard or enclosure for him and are interested in adopting him. Thank you.

Boymom81

FL
Hi,
I have a 5 year old male red footed tortoise in Clearwater, FL that I would like to rehome and I saw your thread here, possibly you are interested...
I do not want to sell my red footed tortoise. I want to give him away to a great new larger home. I've seen threads where people indicate they have a large backyard. That's what he needs. He is in a large enclosure on my back porch and I let him run around out there. But he really needs more than that. He longs to break through the screen and go outside (he did once and I fortunately found him upside down or he would have probably gone unknowingly into the lake back there). He is strong and healthy. Please reply if interested. I have fed him all of his life fresh artisan lettuces, spring mix (no spinage!), somtimes other greens (for red footed) and fresh fruit such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, papaya, all kinds of melon and once a week I give him some canned chunk chicken which he just loves. Please reply if you have a huge yard or enclosure for him and are interested in adopting him. Thank you.
Hello. We have been trying to find a red footed to adopt/rescue and live in the Sarasota area. Have you found a home for him yet?

rudytootyredfoot

Cary, NC
Hello. We have been trying to find a red footed to adopt/rescue and live in the Sarasota area. Have you found a home for him yet?
Hi Boymom81, I actually have a female red footed tortoise I am looking to rehome. I'd love to get in touch with you.

bodysculptor

Ft Lauderdale, FL

The reason for adoption is that recently (about 6 months ago) they started to bang on the walls of their enclosure. I researched and ended up buying a larger home “the tortoise house”. The banging has continued & it is nearly constant. I cannot provide a larger home / outside area due to space constraints & in turn want to rehometty much anywhere in Florire you still

Hello, I live in Ft Lauderdale, FL and wondering if this ad is still available? Thank you. I have experience with a sulcata. Thank you. Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.