Red Foot Growth Rate/Humidity

Lithium

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orem Utah
I've been thinking about getting two or three Red Foot Tortoises for a while now. I just have a couple of questions. I'm gonna set up a 75 gallon tank for them when my Red Eared Sliders get upgraded to their 150 gallon. How long will 2-3 Red Foots be able to live comfortably in it? I live in Utah, so it's pretty dry. Would the low humidity be a problem for keeping them outside once their big enough?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Depending on the size of your New RF. Hatchlings can live in your setup for about 1-2 years, before space will become an issue. Your location and biggest worry... is temperature thru-out the year . If kept out in fall/ winter outside , your enclosure will have to be heated. RF’s need a good 65F - 80F to stay healthy and ward off RI’s ( respiratory infections) which is usually the case when temps get to low and the animal succumbs to sickness.

J~:)

Lithium

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orem Utah
Okay, thanks. I'm still debating what kind of tortoise I want. I've have three species that I really like, Leopard Tortoises, Red Foot Tortoises, and Indian Star Tortoises.

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
Lithium said:
Okay, thanks. I'm still debating what kind of tortoise I want. I've have three species that I really like, Leopard Tortoises, Red Foot Tortoises, and Indian Star Tortoises.

Red Foots RULE!!! :)
Good luck on your decision - all 3 you're debating between are great choices.