Red foot mated now what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otter

5 Year Member
Hello,

A friend of mine came for a visit yesterday. He Brought over his red foot pair his male has a crush on one of my females. They were hanging out in the enclosure and as we were sitting talking we herd some strange noises coming from the enclosure. Well his male was breeding with the one female that he always follows around when he is here. So now I have a few questions is one mating enough to get fertile eggs? should I do anything special for this female separate her set up a nesting area? How long till maybe there would be eggs? or maybe just a link to this information?

P.S. This female was supposed to be a male I got on Kingsnake once she arrived and I realized she was not a he I kept her anyway she was so sweet. So I am still looking for an adult male if anyone knows where I can find one.

Thank you for you help and suggestions,

John

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I think this is where the waiting and watching game begins LOL....good luck! I am sure the folks with this direct experience will visit the thread soon.... :D

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
In best case, you will see your female getting a change in her normal behaviour in about three or four weeks. In worst case, your female can be keeping the males sperms for several years... It's like a lottery mate ! ;)

Otter

5 Year Member
Great thanks My friend left his pair here and the male is mating with the same female again. Not much interest in the others. But has really taken a fancy to the one female.

Keep my fingers crossed,

John

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
cdmay (Carl D. May) is one of this sites best experts on the matter (although many others have done a great job as well) and he and allegraf (Allegra Fung), another great breeder, have written articles for the Tortoise Library that may help you out. Check out the link in my sig and look at the breeding section.

Status
Not open for further replies.