Red Foot Problem Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Michael33

I have a female Red Foot that is 13 years old and a tragedy that has lead me seeking help from others. My daughter came to me Sunday morning explaining that the Red Foot was on her back. We rushed to get her and when I turned her over she seemed disoriented and non-responsive. I immediately soaked her in a tub of warm water and put her in the sun for warmth and she responded positively. Saturday night we had fed her and she was fine so at worst she was on her back for less than 12 hours.
The last couple of days have been warm in Michigan so I have had her outside to watch her behavior; she seems “slow” to coin a term. She seems confused, she attempts to eat but cannot seem to focus and she refused her favorites (clover and dandelions). Her neck seems to always remain extended and she is lively but seems to move as though she is drunk.
I have her in a humidity box with heat but she seems to remain disoriented, could the time on her back cut her air supply to the brain and caused this injury? Is there anything else I can do to help? She has been a dear friend to our family for all these years and this is a quite sad situation.
Any help would be of value.
Michael

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I am so sorry to hear this.
Not sure about the time on her back.
She did not have access to eat anything poisonous?
Hopefully someone will know.
Do you have am exotic vet by you?

nkkritters

Please let us know how she does. I have a Cherry head that turns himself over on occasion.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Oh no! I hope everything works out!!! :(

Michael33

*** Latest Update ***

I had the Red Foot checked out and they could find nothing to expain the symptoms encountered. She was not eating and her head rested on the ground constantly. The only thought was that her neck was strained from trying to flip over and was sore. She did not eat for a couple of weeks and only drank water, I kept her in a concrete mixing tub with a heat lamp directed on her. Early this week she ate her favorite - watermellon and consumed some wild greens from the garden, she is holding her head up and moving about. In fact, I put her outside today to roam the tortoise pen, I am hoping her neck has healed and we are on the road to recovery.