Red Foot Pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrux71

5 Year Member
2666c3b_20.jpg
[/img]

Hi,

I'm looking at 2 redfoot tortoises but i'm concerned that they have pyramiding going on and that they may be far gone. They are 12 years old so i'm not sure if thats relevant or not, if anybody can take a look at the attachment and let me know that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Yes they are pyramided. at 12 years they are probably full grown or close to full grown, but they seem healthy from the pictures so I would get them if I were you.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Yes they do have a lot of pyramiding but I to would not hesitate to get them...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
:D. I adopted two little lumpies ...although the ones here are only roughly 6-7 inches they look exactly like that....what I have noticed with the lumpies is that the little ones are easier to hang onto with the lump handles vs the other smoothies here...lol

I would not hesitate due to the pyramiding either...even lumpies need love..:D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Yes, they are pyramided, but the shells are otherwise well-shaped, so the problems are mostly just cosmetic. Pyramiding is not hereditary, so if they are a pair, the offspring will not automatically have it.

They appear alert and in good health based on the photo, so should be great... if the price is right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.