Red foot shell spliting open, not sure whats going on.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
Took her back to the vet today and got a picture of her unwrapped. The vet was very pleased with how everything looked. The yellow i believe is the layer between the shell and the bone, the white is some of the antibiotic cream before they cleaned her again. I circled in the picture because you can see where the scute is starting to regrow already, vet seemed very pleased with her progress. She has three more antibiotic injections that we are giving at home, and now doesn't have to go back for bandage change for two weeks. Going to keep her inside for now to keep everything clean, but she is doing good!!
Congratulations! Glad to hear all the hard work and attention is paying off. Keeping you all in my thoughts and sending positive/healing vibes your way!

jacksknight

5 Year Member
Florida
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to update!! Groot is doing very well, she has new scute development and is completely healthy. Tissue has recovered well and she no longer needs any bandages or anything. That has been the case for a few weeks actually, but I kept forgetting to post. She is still staying indoors for now so we can keep her clean, maybe after her next visit she can get back outside. We take her outside a lot but she cant sleep outdoors yet cause we are trying to keep the poop off her. Anyway I wanted to keep up with this incase anyone else ever sees this issue, it was a weird one.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20230124_135259.jpg
    20230124_135259.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

jacksknight

5 Year Member
Florida
One final update!! Groot has seen the vet for the last time and has the all clear to return to normal tortoise life!! Vet is super happy with her progress and she was happy to be back outside. Although she seemed to like having the run of our house for a bit. Thanks to all for your help and thoughts, always appreciated!!!