Red Foot Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zergy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Valrico, FL
During the summer, my house is air conditioned to 78-80F. Is this an okay ambient air temperature for a 3 month old red foot? They also need an 90F basking spot, right?

I am setting up an outdoor enclosure for my baby tort that will be on my shaded/screened patio. During the summer, the outdoor temperature can easily reach mid to upper 80s. In the shade it should be cooler, but by how much I don't know yet. What is too hot for a baby tort?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well you live in a prime part of the world for these warm and humid loving species...in forced ac I would take careful care to not have the enclosure in the line of any of your ac vents...you want to make sure to know the enclosure temps and I would say that 80 ambient is good especially since you will want the higher enclosure humidity for that species....I would give a basking/hot spot of 90-92 ish....

A secure outdoor enclosure is awesome for where you live...warm and humid, redfoot heaven ....lol

Now if you wait around a bit I am sure you will get fantastic information from the others....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.