Red foot Tortoise Stan.lee sleeps all day?

Kevinrrussell

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Stan.lee only eats after soaking and poop after 15 mins. Not sure of that or his long sleeping...Right now very tiny tail..so I think female. Thank you for your help...on sleep habits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is Stan.lee a baby tortoise? Babies hide most of the time because they are prey. It's normal for them to eat after a soak.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Is Stan.lee a baby tortoise? Babies hide most of the time because they are prey. It's normal for them to eat after a soak.
Yes, 2 yr old or 2.6 what I was told. Thank you...unless I take here out she sleeps all day 15 hrs. In her hide..
Thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I soak the babies then place them in front of the food. Then periodically throughout the day I get them out and place them in front of the food. This is how most babies are. Once in a while you'll find one that's confident enough to come out on his own during the day, but mostly they stay hidden.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
I soak the babies then place them in front of the food. Then periodically throughout the day I get them out and place them in front of the food. This is how most babies are. Once in a while you'll find one that's confident enough to come out on his own during the day, but mostly they stay hidden.
Thank you....I was getting worried

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
2 is not a baby anymore. While all tortoises tend to sleep or rest a lot, you may need to check things like lighting or temperature to make sure it is comfy.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Mark, Thank you, The temp range is Night time 70's and day time 95 or warmer. Humidity when lights on 50 night time 80% I spray the enclosure twice a day and i water plants from underground. enclosure is 4 feet by 2 feet... Stan.Lee sleeps a ton...its been a week and half.. his vet visit is in two weeks.. check up

I put a video on what i did...