Red Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanslp

5 Year Member
Hi,

I have owned a Red Foot for around 10 years. She seems to be in very good health but probably needs a bit more humidity.

i have fed her only organic greens, some fruit and some mushrooms. I soak her about once a week.

I can no longer keep her because i'm moving. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for finding her a good home. I would love to get her to one of the Southern states so she can be outside more often. I live in Minnesota.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

LouAnne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi LouAnne:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'm sorry you have to find a new home for your red footed tortoise. I know how hard it is to have to make that decision.

If you want to SELL the tortoise, then you are unable to advertise in our "for sale" section until you have been an active member for at least 30 days.

If you just want to give it away and just find it a good home, then may I suggest you post a thread in the "adoptions" section.

We have many members on the forum who live in the area you want the tortoise to go to, and many redfoot keepers. I'm sure you will find a good home.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I want to offer to take it so badly- we could probably meet pretty easily- but a.) I am not in the south, and b.) I am pretty much at my limit of what I can keep inside properly the winter months.

Good luck!

jennaveese

5 Year Member
Hi,
I am a new member with an 8 year old male red foot that I would love to find a friend for! We live in Asheville, NC where there is great warmth and humidity for the majority of the year, and in the cold months I have a large indoor enclosure for my Jerry to live in that could easily fit another red foot. Send me an email if you are interested.. [email protected]
p.s.- I also have a garden and own a pet supply store so spoiling them rotten is not a problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.