Red footed Arya's new Mom

MalB

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Hello,
Happy I found this forum.
I just became the happy mom to a one-year-old red-footed tortoise. She's beautiful. She's smart. My little Pekingese is obsessed with her. Relieve that she's been tested for parasites and salmonella and she doesn't have either that says she's very healthy. However, I read up that avocado could cause organ damage and I gave her a little for the first time yesterday. I read on a previous thread that avocado was okay to give to a sulcata. Should I be worried? She is eating.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello,
Happy I found this forum.
I just became the happy mom to a one-year-old red-footed tortoise. She's beautiful. She's smart. My little Pekingese is obsessed with her. Relieve that she's been tested for parasites and salmonella and she doesn't have either that says she's very healthy. However, I read up that avocado could cause organ damage and I gave her a little for the first time yesterday. I read on a previous thread that avocado was okay to give to a sulcata. Should I be worried? She is eating.
Welcome and congratulations - you are obviously being a very careful new mom. I don't think you need to panic about a small amount of avocado, but I'm sure someone with knowledge of red-foots will be around soon.
Best wishes from Angie (UK)

MalB

Fort Collins, Colorado
Welcome and congratulations - you are obviously being a very careful new mom. I don't think you need to panic about a small amount of avocado, but I'm sure someone with knowledge of red-foots will be around soon.
Thank you. This was helpful.

AmandaF

Congresbury
Welcome to the forum there are a lot of knowledgeable people here

amanda x

MalB

Fort Collins, Colorado
Thank you. This was helpful
I'm glad all is well. One of your next important tasks is to post some photos of Arya,as everyone loves to see them.
And one of your little Pekinese too. !!!
Angie
I will. Over the weekend. 🐢